Helping to build and develop your team
Information about the scheme
The Procurement Graduate Training Scheme is an excellent way to introduce a new member to your team. The Skills Development network will advertise the programme and interview initial candidates, ensuring those who attend the assessment centre are the best for the role, saving you valuable time and money. You create a role which is specific to your needs and we will provide you with a graduate with the determination to learn and succeed. Some graduates may come into the role having little knowledge of procurement, but through a thorough induction, studying for the CIPS level 4 diploma and learning in an environment which enables you and your team to shape the graduate, they will learn the valuable processes specific to NHS procurement.
Some key points
- Find the perfect candidate for the role with minimum hassle
- 2-year placement without the commitment to offer a permanent role to follow (we hope that there will be a permanent role for the graduate to develop into following the two-years. However, we understand that this is difficult to confirm so far in advance and therefore we encourage you to keep job opportunities in mind for the graduate. Skills Development can offer support in finding a role on completion of the two-years.)
- Fee to the Skills Development team for the services provided (see employer brochure for more details and breakdown)
Take a look at the employer brochure for more information:
“My experience with the graduate scheme and the whole process has been very positive. SDN spent a lot of time pre assessment day, organising interviews and shortlisting helping organisations find the ideal candidates. By the time it got to the assessment day, the remaining candidates were all excellent.”
Hiring Manager 2021
The benefits of working with us
- We work with you and your team to develop a job description specific to your organisation/role.
- We target Universities across the UK to ensure our advertisement reaches graduates directly.
- The team will review and shortlist applications to provide you with the top candidates for the role.
- Thorough online testing is done by verified reasoning testing and initial interviews undertaken by the Skills Development team
- We will obtain the candidate’s application, CV, test results and answers to the application questions.
- The team will take responsibility for informing candidates of interview dates and send organisations confirmed schedules. We also organise assessment centres including preparing all paperwork and documents for Hiring Managers.
- Admin support is provided by the team in communication with your HR department to ensure the graduate on-boards without a problem and they have all documentation required.
- We will give pastoral support to ensure communication is kept between the organisation and the graduate throughout the 2-year period to ensure both parties are happy. We also undertake progress checks and offer various training and social events through the Skills Development Network.
- 4-6 months prior to the completion of the 2-year scheme, we will give you regular alerts so you can confirm if there is a permanent role for the graduate within your department/organisation. If you are unable to place the graduate in a suitable role we will work with you to find a position for them within another organisation in the NHS.
Interested in a graduate for your team?
Contact: Lauren Butcher, Graduate Scheme Coordinator